1. "Still not clear to you is it? I can tell by your expression you don't understand. And I knew you wouldn't, nevermind."
2. "There are some corners of the universe that have bred the most terrible things. Things that act against everything we believe in. They must be fought."
3. "I've reversed the polarity of the neutron flow."
4. "Would you like a jelly baby? They're very good."
5. "There should've been another way."
6. "Daleks, Sontarans, Cybermen! They're still in the nursery in comparison to us. Ten thousand years of absolute power! That's what it takes to be really corrupt!"
7. "We all have the universe of our own terrors to face."
8. "Come with me."
9. "I think you need a Doctor."
10. "I'm not just a Time Lord. I'm the last of the Time Lords."
Muse: The Doctor (Ten)
Fandom: Doctor Who
Word Count: 130
Quotes from: An Unearthly Child, the Moonbase, various 3rd Doctor episodes, various 4th Doctor episodes, Warriors of the Deep, the Ultimate Foe, Ghost Light, the TVM, Parting of the Ways, and Gridlock.
The Master was gone.
Jack was gone.
Martha was gone.
And there he was, the Oncoming Storm, the Bringer of Darkness, the Doctor. Contemplating a glass of scotch in a darknened bar just outside of Cardiff. He picked the location randomly out of one of Jack's old hand-written guidebooks for himself. Specifically labeled "A Great Place To Go If You're Miserable".
It was understandable why. The service was terrible, the place positively reeked of old liquor and cigarettes, and nearly half the lights had to be out, it was so dark. A couple was taking advantage of the darkness in one of the booths. An intoxicated woman read depressing poetry over a microphone on a tiny stage near the front of the bar. A man who obviously had more to lose than the Doctor was drinking himself into oblivion at a table.
It was almost enough to make him believe it wasn't so bad. He despised the taste of scotch, but it was stronger than wine, and banana daiquiris were for parties, not days where he was finding the human equivalent of feeling bad for himself.
This was what they did, wasn't it? Found a bar, got pissed, and it made them feel what? Better? Or was the intoxication enough that they could pretend that it was better?
He took a drink of the scotch, letting the liquor burn his throat. He supposed he'd find out.